So when I first started out on my journey of opening up my store, I had actually started down the path of blogging first. I have a background in marketing/advertising/communications as well as community investment and I love to write. English Language Arts was always my best class by far in high school and University, tied with History and gym.....(math not so much!).
So I began writing blog posts but didn't have a place to put them........until now.
When I was writing, I wrote about travel...because that is everything to me and I have traveled across North America and backpacked Europe with plans to travel to Asia in the future! I also wrote about fashion, being a mom and things that I have gone through in my life. I have had an amazing and beautiful life so far but I have also been through some very tough things and for me talking and sharing has been a path towards healing. And hopefully sharing some of the things I have gone through will help someone else.
STAY TUNED!! Topics I will include in future blogs include (in no particular order):
On the lighter side of things.....
Travel & Fashion
- Travel - Highlights from our recent last minute trip to Los Angeles and San Diego
- Travel - Tips from Backpacking Europe and going the backpacking route vs. the group tour route as I have experienced both!
- My favourite shopping spots in New York City - including navigating the largest outlet mall in the WORLD!
- How I bought and made it home with my wedding dress at Kleinfeld's in New York City - Yes, THEE shop from Say Yes to the Dress! (sample sale!)
- Sightseeing in Los Angeles with and without kids
- Hockey Trips - Pittsburgh is the best for hockey and OUTLET shopping!
- Montreal on a budget
- Toronto sightseeing
- Vancouver highlights
- Planing our summer vacation to Calgary
- Planning an Orlando vacation with the boys and visiting family in Tampa Bay
- Funny things I thought before becoming a mom
- The struggles of being a first time mom
- My birth stories with my boys
- Mom - fashion, keeping it comfy and cute
- Organizing awesome play dates
- How to start your own mom group and meet new people!
- Nursing babies past 12 months old
- Life as a working mom
- Balancing act
On a Deeper Level......
- Playing hockey at elite levels on boys teams and girls teams, facing gender discrimination and overcoming it
- Going from being an elite hockey player with college acceptance in the States to being in a wheelchair and having back surgery in high school
- My experiences with physical and emotional abuse from a boyfriend at a young age, and how that affected me with my relationships and still does to this day
- Breaking my silence and my personal journey after a miscarriage
- My Rainbow Baby and our pregnancy journey through hell
- Dealing with persistent and constant chronic back pain
I hope you will stay tuned and also feel like this is a safe space to share your story too!